November 8-10: Dispute Resolution in the International Oil & Gas Business: An ICDR/AIPN Conference
The joint oil and gas dispute resolution conference presented by the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution® (ICDR®) has become the leading conference on international energy disputes, and this one promises to be the same.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- State Investment Disputes in Latin American Energy Sector
- Oil and Gas Commercial Disputes in Latin America
- The New Role of the Mexican Regulatory Agencies and State-Owned Energy Companies
- New Hydrocarbon Law and PEMEX in the Mexican Energy Sector
- Electricity Disputes in Latin America
- Infrastructure Disputes
- Human and Community Rights with Environmental Disputes
- Damages in Oil and Gas Disputes
The conference consists of speaker panels that will address each of the listed topics. The speakers are leading advocates, counsel, industry experts and arbitrators in the energy field who will provide speeches, presentations, interviews, round-table discussions and Q&A’s in an interactive and interesting format. The number of registrants will be limited to ensure that attendees can fully interact with their colleagues and the speakers at the conference.
December 1: AAA–ICDR/ICC/ICSID 34th Annual Joint Colloquium on International Arbitration
International Arbitration, Advances Made & Challenges Ahead
Since 1983, three of the leading international arbitral institutions annually cosponsor a joint colloquium that covers significant topics in the field of international commercial arbitration. Each year’s joint colloquium brings world-renowned international arbitrators and practitioners to attend, present and discuss some of the most significant developments in the field.
This year’s event will focus on a few specific industries use of international arbitration, with discussions concentrating on advances made and the challenges ahead for rapidly-evolving sectors. The program will also feature a session where several of the “hot-topics” impacting international arbitration are discussed and debated.
- Recent Institutional Developments at the ICDR-AAA/ICC/ICSID
- International Arbitration in the Construction and Technology Sectors
- International Arbitration in the Energy and Financial Sectors
- International Arbitration Rapid Fire Session
Featuring Luncheon Speaker: Donald S. Burris, Esq. Managing Partner
Burris, Schoenberg & Walden, LLP, Los Angeles, California
“Tragedy to Triumph—Reflections on Arbitration and Looted Art Collections."
March 8-9: 2018 AAA National Labor Conference
The 2018 American Arbitration Association’s National Labor Conference will focus on challenges that labor relations professionals will face as they navigate the ever shifting landscape of the new economy and the rapid pace of change that it portends.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Honorable Marsha Berzon, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Phillip A. Miscimarra, Chair of the National Labor Relations Board
- The Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution at Cornell University
Nationally renowned leaders from the major law firms, union and management ranks, as well as National Academy of Arbitrators, will be on hand to give their views on what’s in store for the labor relations community and what strategies will be best suited for positioning organizations, practices and businesses to succeed in the New Economy.
Attendees will leave with techniques and best practices to help them meet the many challenges ahead and how to best position themselves and their organizations to take advantage of the opportunities that will no doubt come about.